IDF Opens Criminal Probes Into Two Attacks on Palestinians
Israel's military says it will criminally investigate the killing of a 5-year-old girl and her family in 2024 and a 2025 attack that killed 15 Palestinian paramedics.

The Israel Defense Forces said Wednesday it is launching criminal investigations into two attacks on Palestinians during the war in Gaza, including one that killed a 5-year-old girl and her family.
The first case involves the 2024 killing of Hind Rajab and her family. The second concerns a 2025 attack that led to the deaths of 15 Palestinian paramedics.
The IDF said in a statement that it "examines exceptional incidents that occurred during combat" as part of its "obligations under international law and Israeli domestic law."
Since the Israel-Gaza war began in October 2023, the IDF said its Fact-Finding and Assessment Mechanism has completed reviews of about 150 incidents and referred them to the Military Prosecution for examination. The Military Prosecution has so far made decisions in five of those cases.
The IDF did not provide further details on the timeline or scope of the two new criminal investigations.
This article was produced with the assistance of artificial intelligence (AI), in accordance with our editorial policy.





